These newsletters will bring information to you regularly on tropical forests.
ag-forst – Agroforestry Newsletter – Subscribe and archive http://www.bio.net/
AIBS e-Newsletters https://www.aibs.org/mailing-lists/
Analogue Forestry Newsletter English: https://analogforestry.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=f3fc16b5fbdcd2f7e49034102&id=03ded6307f
Asian Development Blog – Straight Talk from Development Expert. Subscribe at. https://blogs.adb.org/
ESPAÑOL: Analog Forestry Boletín en Español https://analogforestry.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=f3fc16b5fbdcd2f7e49034102&id=fc98e6ca8c”
Center for Biological Diversity Newsletter and the archive of the Endangered Earth magazine https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/
Center for People and Forests (RECOFTC) Update https://www.recoftc.org/ (Fill out form at bottom page.)
Alliance Bioversity-CIAT https://alliancebioversityciat.org/
- Forest News https://forestsnews.cifor.org/
- Global Landscapes Forum Newsletter https://www.globallandscapesforum.org/join-our-community/
- Forests, Trees and Agroforestry http://www.foreststreesagroforestry.org/sign-up/
- Latest News (Fill out form at bottom of page.) https://www.cifor.org/
- CIFOR News Update and Archive https://www.cifor.org/newsroom/news-update/
World Agroforestry Center http://www.worldagroforestry.org/subscribe
- AgroForestry World –The latest updates from AgroForestry World.
- Events – The latest events from AgroForestry World.
- News – The latest press releases and news.
- Publications – The latest publications of AgroForestry World.
Bioversity International https://www.bioversityinternational.org/subscribe/
- Latest news
- Newsletter -monthly updates
- Latest publications
- Agrobiodiversity Index newsletter – measures agrobiodiversity and identifies concrete actions to achieve diverse and sustainable food systems.
Chatham House- Policy newsletters Sign up for a free account at https://www.chathamhouse.org/user and then sign up for newsletters.
Climate & Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) Newsletter https://cdkn.org/newsletter/?loclang=en_gb
Climate online newsletter with weekly updates of events https://climateonline.net/newsletter/
Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) Newsletter (Fill out form at bottom of page.) https://www.cbd.int/
Development Asia newsletter https://development.asia/form/newsletter
Ecology Seminars – A weekly newsletter to keep you updated with online conferences and seminars from the ecology and evolutionary biology world https://www.ecologyconferences.com/
Ecological Society of America- ECOLOG-L (You do not need to be an ESA member to join the e-list.) https://www.esa.org/membership/ecolog/
Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Forestry newsletters (English) available at: http://www.fao.org/forestry/49665/en/
- FLEGT Newsletter – about efforts to combat illegal logging, to implement the European Union EU Action Plan for Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT), and the latest developments from the Voluntary Partnership Agreements (VPA) between the EU and timber producing countries. https://www.euflegt.efi.int/newsletter3
- InFOFlash – Highlights from FAO Forestry and its partners
- Clim-FO-L Newsletter – About forests and climate change, including recent developments in climate change negotiations, scientific articles, publications, events, and job opportunities.
- E-update on Food and Climate – Subscribe: http://newsletters.fao.org/k/Fao/subscription_form_public_cc | http://newsletters.fao.org/q/13WRPnSABRWzynT1waYOg/wv
- FLRM newsletter – about achievements of the Forest and Landscape Restoration Mechanism team, and ongoing actions at global, regional and national levels. Archive http://www.fao.org/in-action/forest-landscape-restoration-mechanism/resources/newsletter/en/ | InFOflash Archive http://www.fao.org/forestry/95324/en
- InFOflash subscribe http://newsletters.fao.org/k/Fao/infoflash_news_subscribe
- InfoNews Archive (no longer being published) http://www.fao.org/forestry/infonews/en /
- INFOSYLVA (FAO) Old issues, discontinued http://www.fao.org/forestry/infosylva/en/
- Nature et Faune – Wildlife and Nature – exchange of information and scientific data on wildlife and protected areas management and conservation of natural resources in Africa.
- NWFP Update – About the potential of non-wood forest products and their contribution to the sustainable development of the world’s forest resources. Archive at http://www.fao.org/forestry/nwfp/85184/en/
- Sustainable Wildlife Programme newsletter – Highlights from the Sustainable Wildlife Management programme, including facts and figures, news and information on events and conferences and interviews
- FRANÇAIS: FAO Forêts Périodiques http://www.fao.org/forestry/49665/fr/
- Nature et Faune – Wildlife and Nature – l’échange d’informations et de données scientifiques sur la gestion de la faune sauvage et des zones protégées et la conservation des ressources naturelles sur le continent africain
- FRANÇAIS: Bulletin du FLRM : Mécanisme pour la restauration des forêts et des paysages archive http://www.fao.org/in-action/forest-landscape-restoration-mechanism/resources/newsletter/fr/
Listserv Other FAO newsletters (put view to 300 at bottom left to see all) https://listserv.fao.org/scripts/wa-fao.exe?REPORT=&P=3&9=O&z=3&s=0&a=1
In-FO-News-L FAO Forestry Programme updates Visit https://listserv.fao.org/scripts/wa-fao.exe?REPORT=&P=3&9=O&z=3&s=0&a=1
FLEGT Independent Market Monitor (Fill out form at bottom of page.) https://www.flegtimm.eu/index.php/reports/all-resources
ForestGEO newsletter – CTFSNET http://si-listserv.si.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=CTFSNET&A=1 | Listserv: https://forestgeo.si.edu/listserv-signup | FORESTGEONET https://si-listserv.si.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=FORESTGEONET
Forest Information Bulletin Board – United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Subscribe and Archive https://www.unece.org/forests/forest-information-billboard.html
Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Newsletters https://gbif.us18.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a483b43cb36d0d60edb3a266b&id=c479565615
- GBIF Newsletter
- BID Africa
- BID Caribbean
- BID Pacific
Forestry-l newslist https://lists.scu.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/forestry-l
Global Forest Information Network https://www.gfis.net/ LINK BROKEN TO THE UPDATE SERVICE
Innovate 4 Climate Newsletter ://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/wZB0GJ6/i4c20updates
International Forest List -focused on tropical forestry. This is a public list at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/international-forest-list that you can view if you do not have a google account, or you can join the list if you do. The list publishes the longer version of Gyde Lund’s Natural Resource Monitoring Items (NMRI). Older NMRI 2011-2017 can be found at https://lists.uef.fi/pipermail/forest-list/
International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Mailing Lists https://enb.iisd.org/email/
- Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) – ENB negotiation coverage and ENB+ meeting coverage
- SDG Update – news, commentary, and upcoming events that are published on the SDG Knowledge Hub
- Linkages Update – highlights from IISD reporting services and SDG Knowledge Hub
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update
- BIODIVERSITY-L – biodiversity and wildlife policy issues, including biodiversity and wildlife policy news, announcements on workshops/conferences, job listings, and information on new publications and online resources
- CHEMICALS-L- chemicals policy issues, including announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings, and information on new publications and online resources
- CLIMATE-L – climate change policy and issues, including announcements of workshops/conferences and information on new publications and online resources
- ENERGY-L – energy policy meetings and publications
- FORESTS-L – forest policy issues, including announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings, and information on new publications and online resources
- LAND-L – land degradation policy issues, including, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings, and information on new publications and online resources
- SDG – sustainable development policy issues and internationally-relevant activities related to implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Postings include information about reports, meetings and other inputs or announcements.
- SIDS-L – Small Island Developing States (SIDS), including announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources
- WATER-L – water policy issues, including announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources
- OCEANS-L – oceans policy issues, including announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources
- AFRICASD-L – peer-to-peer list for information regarding sustainable development activities and decision making in Africa
- ASIAPACIFICSD-L – peer-to-peer list for information regarding sustainable development activities and decision making in the Asia-Pacific region
- LARC-L – peer-to-peer list for information regarding sustainable development activities and decision making in Latin America and the Caribbean
International Tropical Timber Organization https://www.itto.int/
- Tropical Forest Update (Eng) https://www.itto.int/tfu/subscribe/
- ESPAÑOL: Actualidad Forestal Tropical https://www.itto.int/es/tfu/subscribe/
- FRANÇAIS: Actualités des Forêts Tropicales https://www.itto.int/fr/tfu/subscribe/
- Timber trade and markets https://www.itto.int/economic_market/timber_trade/
- Economics, statistics and markets https://www.itto.int/economic_market/
IUCN (International Union of Conservation for Nature) – Various newsletters https://www.iucn.org/newsletters
- A Call from the Wild (English): Thematic and project species conservation news, grant-funding announcements and inspiring success stories from communities and conservation professionals around the world.
- BIOPAMA English: Updates from the BIOPAMA programme on the services, tools and funding available for improved protected area management and governance in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries.
- BIOPAMA Funding Alerts (English): Funding alerts from the BIOPAMA programme.
- Building Bridges (English): News and views on conservation and the private sector.
- ESARO Connect (English): for Eastern and Southern Africa
- IUCN CEC News (English): From the IUCN Commission on Education and Communication (CEC)to mobilize people all over the planet to support actions for conservation.
- IUCN CEESP Members (English): From the IUCN Commission on Environmental, Economic and Social Policy (CEESP) to disseminate knowledge for conservation of nature with social, cultural, environmental, and economic justice of human societies.
- UCN CEM Ecosystem Insider (English): From the IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management to promote ecosystem-based approaches.
- UCN CEM Ecosystem Insider (English): From the IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management (CEM) to promote ecosystem-based approaches.
- IUCN WCPA – Protecting the Planet (English): From the IUCN World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA) and IUCN Protected Areas Programme on protected areas news, inspiring places, people and solutions, Green List, BIOPAMA, Panorama, publications, and activities.
- IUCN World Conservation Congress (English): From the IUCN World Conservation Congress about the world’s largest regularly-held international conservation event.
- Latest from the Library (English): Highlighting the latest additions to the collection of the IUCN HQ Library in Gland, Switzerland.
- Marine News: On the IUCN Global Marine and Polar Programme.
- The News on African Protected Areas (NAPA) (English): From IUCN PAPACO about current events, studies, trainings, interviews, jobs advertising, all related to protected areas across Africa.
- Off the Shelf (English): Update on the latest IUCN publications.
- PACO News (English): On the activities and results of the West and Central Africa IUCN region and its partners.
- PANORAMA – Solutions for a Healthy Planet (English): News and updates on the PANORAMA initiative, which promotes examples of solutions in conservation and sustainable development.
- Pilares (ORMACC) (English): Regional newsletter for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean
- ROWA Network (English)
- Suudu Echos (English): From West Africa environmental sustainability partners aiming to strengthen information sharing and action synergies for better management of the natural heritage of the region.
Other IUCN Newsletters
- Arborvitae (English): IUCN’s forest magazine https://www.iucn.org/theme/forests/resources/arborvitae-news-digest
- Cactus and Succulent Plants Specialist Group Newsletter June 2019 https://mailchi.mp/607e681d9b24/iucn-cssg-newsletter-june19
- Edentata newsletter – Newsletter of the IUCN SSC Anteater, Sloth and Armadillo Specialist Group https://www.xenarthrans.org/edentata-newsletter/
- Newsletters for West and South Africa (French) https://www.iucn.org/node/26753
- IUCN Parks Journal https://parksjournal.com/
- IUCN Protected Areas Newsletters https://www.iucn.org/theme/protected-areas/our-work/newsletter
- IUCN World Conservation Congress Newsletter https://www.iucncongress2020.org/newsletter
FRANÇAIS: UICN Newsletters https://www.iucn.org/fr/newsletters
- Arborvitae Français
- BIOPAMA Français
- IUCN CEM Ecosystem Insider Français
- IUCN World Conservation Congress – Français
- Mediterranean Flashnews Français
- NAPA Français
- PACO News Français
- Suudu Echos Français
ESPANOL: UICN Boletines https://www.iucn.org/es/boletines
- Arborvitae Español
- BIOPAMA Español
- IUCN CEM Ecosystem Insider Español
- IUCN World Conservation Congress – Español
- Mediterranean Flashnews Español
- Pilares (ORMACC) Español
International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) – Various mailing lists to explore https://www.iufro.org/science/iufro-mailing-lists/ / https://www.iufro.org/science/iufro-mailing-lists/list-management/
Mena Water Bulletin (Middle East) https://www.medrc.org/mena-water-bulletin/
NRMI: Natural Resource Monitoring Items by Gyde Lund – Get access through the International-Forest-List at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/international-forest-list that you can view if you do not have a google account, or you can join the list if you do. The list publishes the NMR). Older NMRI 2011-2017 can be found at https://lists.uef.fi/pipermail/forest-list/
The News on African Protected Areas (NAPA) Subscribe and Archive https://papaco.org/napa/
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD United Nations – Newsletters https://www.oecd.org/newsletters/
Online Ecology Conferences and Seminars mailing list https://ecologyseminars.substack.com/
Plant Science Research Weekly https://plantae.org/research/wwrtw/
RECOFTC – People and Forests E-News https://recoftc.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a79eee76ce1869204bc04a12d&id=45977cdcf4 | OR Subscribe at the bottom of the page https://www.recoftc.org/
SOUTHEM online – https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/southemonline/info | To join, send a message to email@example.com
Southern Region Extension Forestry (USA) – Newsletters https://sref.info/newsletters/partners
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Forest Information Billboard http://www.unece.org/forests/forest-information-billboard.html
United Nations Chronicle https://www.un.org/en/chronicle/
US Department of Agriculture Newsletters https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDAFARMERS/subscriber/topics
World Resources Institute Digest https://www.wri.org/sign-wri-digest
WRI Project-specific newsletters https://connect.wri.org/l/120942/2016-01-11/2sjxx6
- GLOBAL FOREST WATCH (GFW) NEWSLETTER – Updates on the latest forest-related analysis, dynamic maps, and stories from the from the GFW community.
- CAIT UPDATES – Updates on CAIT Climate Data Explorer data sets, site functionality, data visualizations, stories, and more.
- OPEN CLIMATE NETWORK NEWS — Highlights on research and developments in monitoring of countries’ progress on climate change policy.
- WRI INDONESIA NEWSLETTER – Highlights, news, commentary, latest publications and data about forests, climate, energy and sustainable cities in Indonesia.
World Wildlife Fund
- Below the Canopy (Sign up at bottom of page) https://www.worldwildlife.org/publications/below-the-canopy
- Canopy past issues https://wwf.panda.org/our_work/our_focus/forests_practice/forest_climate/forest_climate_publications/forest_climate_newsletters/
- REDD+Resource Digest Here
- Forest and Climate – Subscribe at the bottom of the page https://wwf.panda.org/our_work/forests/forest_climate/
- Latest conservation news (fill form at bottom of page) https://www.worldwildlife.org/
- WWF Panda.org newsletters https://wwf.panda.org/get_involved/newsletter_signup.cfm | https://lp.panda.org/subscribe
- Heart of Borneo Newsletter https://wwf.panda.org/knowledge_hub/where_we_work/borneo_forests/resources/hob_newsletter2/
- World Wildlife Magazine https://www.worldwildlife.org/pages/world-wildlife-magazine-archive