Seeking ISTF Proposals for Session at IUFRO 2024
With collaborators, the International Society of Tropical Foresters (ISTF) is developing session proposals for the XXVI IUFRO World Congress 2024 – Forests and Society towards 2050, to be held 23-29 June 2024 in Stockholm, Sweden. IUFRO invites all who share an interest in the future of forests and forest-related science to submit session proposals!
Want to contribute?
The deadline for session submissions 13 Oct 2022!
If you would like to make a presentation in any of the sessions below, please send your name, affiliation, and draft title to email@example.com by 8 Oct 2022.
You do not need to be 100% sure that you will be attending the Congress! The stronger the indications of interest in these sessions, the more likely they are to be included in the Congress program. The draft proposals (still under development) for all these sessions can be obtained here.
The updated proposals will be posted periodically until submission.
Sessions to be proposed:
- Smart Agroforestry Practices for Sustainable Livelihood
- Urban trees & green landscapes: Monitoring and management for providing multiple services
- Legacy of the Tropical Timber Foundation and sustainable forestry
- Tropical forest restoration success and how to achieve it
- Tropical forestry education: Improving preparation for a challenging future
- Legacy tropical forest data: current status, uses, and securing them
- Research advances towards sustainability for the high-value Meliaceae
- Ecology and management of old-growth forests